Tuesday, 1 October 2013

A Little Trip to Istanbul

Scrolling through my blog archive I stumbled across these pictures I had set aside for a post I intended to make. I had a little wander to Istanbul with a bunch of my classmates as research for my Sociology and Religious Studies courses. There, we visited about five places of worship (churches, synagogues, mosques etc.) a day and learned about the history of the buildings and the history of the city in relation to its religious (or rather surprisingly, non-religious) background. Its actually quite interesting once you delve a little deeper; but nobody is expecting me to give them a lecture on here, so I won't go into it...

A delirious plane journey (I do not recommend taking more than one travel pill at once) 

The most unnecessary amount of sprite to come with a meal?

Getting the giggles playing undercover tag

One of the many beautiful shops by the market

An incredible church-turned-mosque


A huge hidden church just tucked behind the shops in a busy town

The gang on what I can only describe as the wet and windiest boat ride

Holding on for dear life on the on-the-water-death-trap

The boys having a moment....

Amazing views overlooking the whole of Istanbul

No comments:

Post a Comment