Eeek, so I said I've been busy since I've been away and one of the things occupying my time was beginning to learn to drive. It was an on the spot random decision but when I spotted the nice '10 lessons for £99' deal pop up on my facebook, I picked up the telephone and exchanged my details there and then. I'm not one for resisting a bargain. I, unfortunately, as opposed to what I had thought, am not a quick learner, though. I'm surrounded by friends that had their lessons and tests done and dusted within a few months so didn't expect myself to take quite so long to pick it all up.
Driving in London, especially around my area, is terrifying. Part of me wishes I lived in a quite rural town, but then after about 30 seconds of thinking about not living in London, I tell myself to suck it up and don't any more. Slowly but surely though, I am getting there. It took me an unbelievably long time to build up any sort of confidence and I now realise that what held me back and wasted all my money on extra lessons was myself! Recently, before setting myself up behind the wheel, I've put myself in a non-defeatist mindset and have managed to pass about five mock tests already! (Go me!) Lets hope I pass soon, I'm rapidly running out of funds.

No comments:
Post a Comment