Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Eve Lom: Rescue Mask

The other day I was sat in a monday afternoon maths class, completely distracted and daydreaming about a nice pamper session for when I got home. A facemask was well and truely on the agenda. So when I got home, in an attempt to stick to my new years resolution to be more resourceful and less wasteful, I delved into my box of beauty bits and bobs and retracted this Eve Lom Rescue Mask (an appropriate time as the winter is well and truely taking its toll on my skin).

The back told me to 'shake well before use', however I didn't find that shaking it like a loon beforehand made much difference to the fact it still spat out a watery liquid (very much like what you get with an unshaken Ketchup) all over me. Another off-putting aspect of this product was the overwhelming stench of what I can only describe as Homebase or B&Q (UK hardware/homeware stores if you're not familiar of them). It didn't smell like paint, or paint stripper, but something along the lines of that... and I hated every moment of being trapped in the cage of overpowering smell.



Another annoying thing about the particular sample of this product was the amount they gave you. Call me generous but when it comes to face masks, I don't like to apply a thin layer; I like to slap and smear it and get as much goodness into my skin at once as possible. There was too little for two applications by my standards, but far too much for only one! I ended up piling a super thick layer on anyway, just to empty the tube.


The consistency was thick and cooling (it being clay based), and there were little bits of something inside it. It looked like seaweed and I pressumed it was for a bit of light exfoliation, but I have been trying to research about it and it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. It didn't do much exfoliation anyway.



After the recommended twenty minutes (even though admittidly, it wasn't completely dry because I piled it on so thick), I was glad to be able to remove the rescue mask from my face. The instructions told me to 'wipe it off in an upwards direction' (what?). So, a little confused, I started sweeping the mask off my face in an upwards direction... and ended up just rubbing it in even more instead of taking anything substantial off. The next step was to wipe away with a warm damp muslin cloth, so with the first stage of removal seeming a little pointless, I did so, and thus: a free face!


The results? My face did feel soft and nourished... but I am putting 90% of that down to the pre-cleanse preperation combined with the light exfoliation of my muslin cloth. Overall I was definitley not impressed with my experience of this product and I am glad I fully emptied the tube in one application so it can go straight in the bin!

p.s. please excuse my grumpy face in these pictures- I have plump and pouty lips as it is, and I was certainly not enjoying my time.




__________________________________________________________________________________________   

No comments:

Post a Comment