2012 could be considored 'Liz Earle''s year- it seemed that every beauty guru was singing her praises, especially concerning the supposed holy grail of Cleanse & Polish. Now, I'm not ashamed to say that I'm tight when talking money, and the roughly £15 price tag that came along with the product put me off buying and trying all year (...nearly).
Informing you of my skincare routine history; It was only recently that I reverted to a cleanser. I used to very much be a face wipe girl: cheap and cheerful eh? Well... no. Despite the immense shine on all photos taken of me with a flash, I
would say my skin is dry. (just prone to greasing itself up during the
day.) and all face wipes did was dry out my skin even more. I ended up exfoliating vigerously every other day, which was definitely no good for my face. And so, with my anti-facewipe epiphany I parted from my paid-for-by-mum-in-the-weekly-tesco-shop stash of facewipes and manned up and converted to Garnier's soft essentials cleansing milk, in rose (for drier skin), in which I had to pay for :(. Immediately I reaped the benefits with my skin feeling a lot healthier and nourished (...is that the right word?). I did try out the Bioderma cleansing water, but, like face wipes (although definitely not to the same extent), I found it made my skin uncomfortably tight and begging for moisture.
Anyway, so back to me being put off the price tag, I was very kindly given Liz Earle's starter pack (consisting of 2 muslin cloths, a 100ml bottle of Cleanse & Polish and Toner) as part of a christmas gift. Win. I was squeeming on my way home from my Grandparents on chrismas day as all I could think about was testing out the bottle of glory when I got home before rolling into bed. But when I opened the box, I didnt even know where to start. I wasn't used to something that you didn't just dollop onto a cotton wool pad and smear it around your face...
So I read and followed the instructions.
| Hot/ warm water |
![]() |
| One pumps worth and the most attractive stage of the whole process |
I pump one pump onto my fingertips and apply to a dry face. I always use circular motions when rubbing anything in because I have heard how it is good for circulation so many times, that now it just happens automatically. I like to start with my skin makeup first and slowly move onto the eye area (where the most make up usually is), to moderate the extent of which I end up looking like a car engine has exploded in my face.
Then, using the water that I prepared earlier (o la la), I dunk my muslin cloth in and ring it out so it becomes damp instead of dripping. Then, just like the application of the cleanser, I begin to wipe and remove the makeup slicked all across my face, leaving my eyes until last (simply because looking at a makeup-less face and a really dirty muslin cloth won't take me to bed feeling good about myself).
To finish it off I douse a cotton wool pad with the Liz Earle Toner and wipe onto my face. Some people may see it as an unnecessary stage, and yes, I may agree, but I like to anyway. It makes sure every last bit of potential pore-clog is cleared and really refreshes my skin. You see when you brush your teeth and after you get a clean squeak? To me, toner does a face version of that.
...And it's that simple! I have only been using this for a couple of weeks now but I can also offically say I am a convert. Yep, it was that easy, I'm either ridiculously fickle or I really have just found the ying to my skin yang. I have joined the Liz Earle loving community and aside from the price tag, I only have good words. I'm one of those people who purposly avoid splashing their face, simply because when I do, I get water all down my front, water up my nose, and a face framed by now, wet dog like hair. So applying it to a dry face, and simply wiping it off with a cloth makes the process of a good thorough face clean a whole lot tidier and enjoyable. The muslin cloths are also designed so theyre not the smoothest of materials, so a light daily exfoliation helps keep those dry patches at bay, and means you dont need to hack away at your skin if they did appear. I recommend instead of waiting around, giving your skin the everyday mini-pamper it deserves with Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish. Although I do warn you, once you hand over the money the first time, that's it, you have a continuous, glorious and oh-so-worth-it habbit to fund.
__________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:
Post a Comment