Sunday, 20 January 2013

Glossybox: January 2013

So it was that time of the month again (not that one. haha.), and as I walked in to my hallway I was deeee-lighted to be greeted by this month's 'Detox' Glossybox (and a horific stench of poo because one of my cats was evidently ill that day). Here's a little peak of what I got inside mine:



  • Paul Mitchell Super Strong Shampoo
  • Jason Lip Balm
  • Elemis Exfoliating Face Wash
  • Duck Island Body Lotion
  • MONU Warming Aromatic Mask
  • A Glossybox 'Glossy dreams' Eye mask

Now I've not tested everything out in this box yet, and won't even be trying a couple (warming face masks make me freak out and I don't see the point in the faff of eye masks aside from taking an cute-sy instagram picture), but what I have tried out, is the Jason lip balm. And my, my... it is a sure fire beauty product staple from now on. 


 I have a lot of love for screw stick lip balms as it is (if that's not the technical term, it is now)- it saves the annoyance of getting sticky fingers and the risk of rubbing hand dirt into your lips. but with this, the twisty bit is at the top rather than the bottom which makes it feel all that more different and special. So, I was already feeling good about this product... but woah- then I applied.

Phwoar. If I could marry a lip balm, Jason would be my pick (and then probably have the Nuxe Rev De Miel as my treat on the side). It has the soothing, nourishing and creamy consistency of The Body Shop's Cocoa Butter Stick with the tingling sensation of Burt's Bees Lip Balm, and smells just like a freshly opened box of After Eights. I'm not a lover of gloss, in fact, I despise gloss (on me), and lip balms that look overly shiny and greasy once applied really pain my soul. This does not do that. It immediatly hydrates you so that it is not sat on your lips for hours after application and gets to work, balm-ing, straight away. It's also not one of those false illusion lipcare products like Carmex or Rose Vaseline which essentially, just dry you out... It really does work! 

It is also 70% organic and has Aloe Vera to boost all its goodness. I wouldn't say the consistency is appropriate for extreme cases of chapped lips (in that case I'd recommend my bit on the side), but as an everyday lipcare product, Jason's lip balm is well and truely my front runner. Retailing at only £1.99 you'd be a fool to let this one slip. A fooooool, I tell you!

What did you get in your Glossybox this month?




__________________________________________________________________________________________  

No comments:

Post a Comment