Last year clarified a few life changing decisions; one of them being that I've decided against the idea of university. Despite coming out with
good grades (even though it was the least confident I had ever been
achedemically and my grades were such a surprise that I, full on, balled
my eyes out when I opened the envelope and read my scores), logically and practically, its
not for me. Yes, of course I see the benefits such as training,
qualifications, life experience etc. But I, honestly, do not have a clue what I want to
do and, for me, it would be a waste of time and, since David Cameron has
increased fees, an incredible waste of money (even if I don't personally pay it back), to end up studying something that either I wasn't passionate about, or wouldnt even direct me anywhere. I also feel as if my life right now is giving me life experiences; you don't have to be a university student to go clubbing, or know what it feels like to not have any money. My family is also pretty relaxed in the sense that I am allowed to go out, make my own mistakes and then reap the consequences and take responsiblity by myself.
This year I was asked 'what in life is more important to you:
happiness, a career, or family?' and automatically, before I had even
consulted my brain, I responded with family. To me, happiness coincides
with family, and thinking about my life in 15 years time, I wouldnt like it for my
main goals and ambitions to be focused around professions and my career to engulf the bulk of my life. Instead I'd like to be settled, surrounded by and enjoying the people that I love. When it comes to the world of work I'm thinking about it this way- I'd rather paddle when going into the sea of work
and build up my strength and knowledge learning from my mistakes and
experiences and hopefully, eventually, find myself in a comfortable, realistic and
stable position, than spend a minimum of three years working out in the gym to go on and attempt to land a tripple spin, backflip twist dive in at the deep
end. If I'm gonna have to start at the bottom, I may as well start steadily now.
Just a year an a half ago I left secondary education and dipped into more independency, I struggled quite hard with that and after making my decision to not go to university, I can officially confirm that I am quite litterally petrified of stepping in to the big wide world so soon. I remember this photo being taken so vividly that it feels like only yesterday I took a little leap into a new stage of my life, and now in only a handful of months time, I shall be closing that chapter and starting new one. It looks like when I say goodbye to all my school chums, i'll be saying a huge hello and taking a huge step into the real, and real scary world. I know there are people shaking me, telling me not to waste my educational potential, but hey, it's not for everyone.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment